Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Barbie's tip: Just exercise and eat healthy

AMERICA – American actress Chelsea Rae Bernier, who has acted in several musicals and TV shows like Thoroughly Modern Millie and California Girls, takes on the role of a Barbie doll in the world premiere of the musical Barbie Live at Marina Bay Sands.


The 24-year-old spoke to My Paper about her experiences on Barbie Live and her thoughts on the stereotypical notions that her on-screen persona has perpetrated.


How was it like getting into the role of Barbie?


I feel that I’ve been preparing for it my whole life. I work really hard to be a positive role model and a kind person to those around me.


Physically, I think that beauty is only skin deep. So as long as you exercise and eat healthy – which is what I do – then that’s all that matters.


What were some characteristics that you had to bring across?


Well, I think that the main thing about Barbie is the message which the brand brings: That you can be whoever and do anything that you want to do. So I used that motto to help cue me and my performance.


Do you have any childhood memories of Barbie?


I was definitely a fan of Barbie in my childhood. She’s a multi-generational icon (through which) I was able to share stories with my grandmother and mother.



Barbie"s tip: Just exercise and eat healthy

0 comments:

Post a Comment